£150,000 is to be invested in improving Wharf Road Recreation Ground that will see the park totally transformed and give local people a green space that they can be proud of and enjoy.
Work is due to start this year, with the work expected to last 12-months. One of the main improvements will see the park lined with 74 trees, one for each of the fallen from Pinxton in WW1. The improvements will see:
- New football pitches,
- The play equipment renewed, extended and fenced off,
- New patio area for parents to sit and enjoy whilst their children play,
- New car park off Wharf Road, giving better access to the site,
- A perimeter track for people to run, jog or walk around
- Installation of ‘goal’ ends for basketball and football
- A path from the pedestrian access off Glebe Avenue to the vehicle access at Wharf Road.
Local councillor Mary Dooley said, “Parks and open spaces are for everyone – they’re places to keep active, to play,
to socialise and to enjoy the great outdoors, so it’s really important that we continue to invest in them. I hope that our local residents are looking forward to seeing the changes and are encouraged to spend more time using and enjoying the new and improved facilities that will be provided.’’
A consultation event will be held in Pinxton Village Hall so local people can come and look at what is being planned.
Contact Pinxton Parish Council on 01773 580046 for more information.