Pinxton has a variety of leisure and recreational facilities, many of which may be booked or hired through the village hall.
At the Miners Welfare
- The football pitch is leased to Pinxton Parish Council and used by Pinxton Football Club.
- The bowling green is leased to Pinxton Parish Council and is available for hire.
- With a recently updated playing surface, the five a-side area is leased to the Parish Council and available for hire. It has floodlighting for evening sessions.
- The multi use games area is leased to the Pinxton Parish Council and features goal ends and basketball goals.
There are full showers, toilets and changing rooms available at this venue.
Elsewhere in Pinxton
- The Tops football pitch on Church Street West is used by Pinxton United. There are changing rooms available but no showers.
- The Wharf Road Recreation Ground is a large area of grassland with some childrens play equipment. This facility is currently the subject of an improvement project.
- The Hilltop recreation area is a childrens play area, featuring a 30m zip wire.
- Widmerpool Street Recreation area is to be developed shortly, with features for the younger age group.
- Pinxton Ponds provides angling facilities and is available from Peg1 on Town Street, Pinxton.
- Cromford Canal provides walks down by the wharf beyond Alexander Terrace.
- The Village Hall has skittles facilities.